Hello, neighbors! Miranda Ceja here with a new edition of Laguna Beach Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Generally sunny and pleasant. High: 77 Low: 60.
Saturday’s high tide is 6:55 a.m. at 3.94 feet. Low tide is 11:38 a.m. at 3.28 feet.
Sunrise is at 7:08 a.m. and sunset is at 6:02 p.m.
Here are the best stories in Laguna Beach today:
- Need Halloween plans? We have what you need. The city of Laguna beach and Laguna Beach Seniors is also hosting the Preschool Trick or Treat at the Susi Q Center Community and Terrace on Friday, October 29 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (Laguna Beach Patch).
- Pacific Marine Mammal Center co-founder Jim Stauffer dies at the age of 76, leaving behind a legacy of work, passion and love for seals and sea lions in Laguna beach. (Laguna Beach Independent Journal).
- The Segerstrom Center for the Arts presents Parsons Dance led by its co-founder and artistic director, David Parsons, when it debuts at the center on Saturday, November 20 in Costa Mesa. (Orange County Breeze).
- Federal government to provide disaster loans to businesses affected by closed oil spill Orange County shores earlier this month, it was announced on Wednesday. (KTLA).
- Broadway by Amar Santana in Laguna beach will be closing temporarily for renovations, which are expected to take one to two weeks. (OCRegister).
Today’s Laguna Beach Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Laguna Beach!
Today at Laguna Beach:
Laguna Beach Notebook
- Pacific Marine Mammal Center: “Fifty years ago, in the spring of 1971, a young girl was pulling on the t-shirt of a Newport Beach lifeguard. She pointed to a baby Pacific harbor seal that had washed up on the shore, the air terribly ill. ” (Facebook).
- Laguna Beach Animal Shelter Volunteers: âFun on Halloween is all everyone wants, but pet safety for our animal friends is top priority. Here are some pet safety tips to make sure you and your pet have a happy howl or meow-lo-ween! ” (Facebook).
- Laguna Canyon Foundation: “A HUGE thank you to our volunteers who helped out at last week’s trail stewardship event.” (Facebook).
- South Coast Water District: âBoard meeting tonight! Join us at https://www.scwd.org/about/governance/agendasminutes.htm.â (Facebook).
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Doggy style Halloween party! Tricks & Treats Puppy Costume Event (October 30).
- Halloween tribute to THE WHO & LED ZEPPELIN (October 30).
- Save 15% on boo-tiful flowers this Halloween! (October 31).
- Breast ultrasound screening comes directly to you! (November 2).
- Add your event.
Concerts and services:
That’s all for today! See you tomorrow for another update. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Miranda Ceja